We are governed by the laws of Australia which means that we are required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988.
Personal information is information about a specific individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information.
Collect and Store
- Examples of personal information that we may collect include your name, title, company, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- We normally collect and store personal information when we receive orders or receive emails.
- We don’t see or store credit card details. We use Stripe to process credit cards.
- In our email communications, we may use technologies such as “pixel tags” in order to determine if an email has been opened, and which links have been clicked. We do this to improve the effectiveness of our communications. You can disable tracking by disabling HTML in your email client.
Use and Disclose
- We use personal information to provide products and services to our customers, based on their request.
- Internally we may analyse personal information to enhance the products and services that we provide to our customers.
- Our default position is that we will not disclose personal information to anyone outside of our company. We will only disclose personal information to an external party (such as the Government) if we are legally forced to do so.
- Some parts of our Site may allow you to post personal information on public forums. This information is publicly accessible and can be read, collected, and processed by anyone. So please take care if you use these features.
Non-personal information is information that cannot be used to identify a specific individual.
Collect and Store
- Examples of non-personal information that we are likely to collect include internet protocol addresses, browser types and languages, referring pages and exit pages, operating systems, and date/time stamps.
Use and Disclose
- We may use non-personal information for a range of purposes.
- We will mainly use non-personal information to gain a better understanding of the way users interact with our Site, and to optimise our Site accordingly.
- We may transfer non-personal information to our analytics service providers in order to conduct further analysis.
When you use the Site, we may store “cookies", which are strings of code, on your computer. We and our analytics service providers use those cookies to collect information about your visit and your use of the Site. We use the information to better understand the way people interact with our Site and to optimise user experience. You may turn off cookies that have been placed on your computer by following the instructions on your browser. However, if you block cookies, it may be difficult (or impossible) to use parts of our Site.
- Our entire Site is certified Level 1 PCI compliant and uses 256-bit encryption technology to ensure your data is safe. This is the same level of encryption used by large banks to keep information secure.
- No credit card information is stored on our servers. We use Stripe to process credit cards, which is one of the most secure and reputable payment processors available. All credit card numbers are encrypted on disk by Stripe using 256-bit encryption.
- Personal information is restricted to specific employees on a need to know basis. These individuals are bound by strict confidentiality agreements, and are subject to disciplinary and legal action, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Last revised and effective as of 02 Aug 16